Trainor Funeral Home, Inc. has served families in Oneida and Lewis Counties for over 100 years with compassionate and dignified service, and has been locally owned and managed by three generations of the Trainor family.
Our facilities are located in the village of Boonville, on Schuyler Street. Purchased in 1938 by Clarence W. Trainor, the funeral home was the former J. M. Hobart residence. This Victorian home was renovated to function as a modern funeral home in the summer of 1938, and the first funeral was conducted here that fall. To better serve the community, the funeral home has expanded to meet the needs of the community and was renovated again in the 1960’s. This expansion on the west side of the funeral home allowed for an additional room for calling hours and funeral services. As the era of home funerals came to a close, the funeral home was used more and more, leading to another expansion in the 1980’s. With this expansion, the funeral home was equipped with a new embalming room, new casket and merchandise display room, a wide handicapped accessible entrance, and expanded parking. The east side of the funeral home also had a sizeable chapel added. This room can be used as one large chapel for funerals, or to accommodate large crowds, or be split into two smaller parlors for a more private service. The expansion created a more modern and state-of-the-art facility that has allowed us to better serve the community, while preserving the original Victorian décor.